Last Updated on July 13, 2020.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW?
When you visit, make a purchase from XSET.com (or, the “Site”) or otherwise interact with us, we collect certain personal information from you. This includes information that you provide to us for order and other purposes and information that is automatically collected when you visit the Site.
When you place an order with us, we collect personal information, such as your name, shipping address, billing address, phone number or email address, as well as payment information (including credit or debit card numbers).
When you register for an account with us, we collect information, such as your username and password, any extra information you may share, like your birthday, gender, hometown, as well as any gift card or gift certificate details.
If you subscribe to our newsletters, we collect your contact and marketing preferences, and brand and item interests. In addition, we collect information if you participate in one of our contests or sweepstakes, or complete a customer survey.
We may make inferences about you and what you may like from the information you provide to us along with your activity on the Site.
COOKIES AND THE OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
A “Cookie” or “Cookies” refer(s) to a small data packet created and placed on your browser when you visit our and other websites. Your browser converts it to a text file, and when you return to the particular site, your browser retrieves and sends back that data.
“Web beacons” and “Tag pixels” are images (many transparent) that are part of site pages. They provide information about how a site is used, are not used to access any personally identifiable information and are generally used in conjunction with cookies.
“Log data” shows site activity by collecting information automatically sent by your browser when you visit our Site, including your IP address, browser, ISP, referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp and clickstream data.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use your information to conduct our business, fulfill your orders, provide you with the best products, experience and service, and improve the Site overall, including using it to/for:
- Complete your transactions with us, including fulfilling your orders, processing your payment and shipping your items.
- Communicate with you about your order(s), including providing you order confirmations and invoices.
- Respond to you when you call or make a request or inquiry by email to our customer service team.
- Communicate with you when you enter one of our contests or sweepstakes, or complete a survey.
- Provide you with an enhanced, faster and more personal experience, including by remembering your registered login information, shopping cart and other preferences and optimizing your experience by ensuring that our site content is presented in the most effective manner for your particular browser.
- Customize the products and services we share with or advertise to you, in any marketing materials you have signed up to receive, based on your preferences and featuring products we think you’ll like. If you prefer to not receive these newsletters or emails, you can unsubscribe at any time at the bottom of the email or contact our customer service team to be unsubscribed.
- Provide you with access to services for registered users, like new product or back-in-stock alerts and wish lists, and maintain your registered user account.
- Improve our overall Site performance and offerings and assess the effectiveness of our marketing or advertising campaigns with research and site analytics, which help us understand how you use the Site, and provide insights into aggregate site usage.
Legal and safety purposes, including fraud detection and prevention, protecting our security and the security of our customers and employees, and complying with court orders, governmental requests, and other applicable laws.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your information with certain third-party providers we employ who provide us products or services that help us meet our general business needs, including doing business with you (powering our online store), transacting (working with a payment processor), enhancing your experience on, and generally optimizing, our Site (Google Analytics).
Our third-party providers will only process your information to perform requests under our instruction. Such parties and their respective privacy policies include:
Google Analytics https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites You can opt out of Google Analytics https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Apple Pay https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203027
We may share your information with third-party providers we employ to help us send you tailored advertising or personalized marketing messages with products and information we think you will like.
To learn more, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
To opt-out of or customize the online advertising you receive, you can visit WebChoices: Digital Advertising Alliance Consumer Tool at www.aboutads.info/choices. In addition, you can opt-out of targeted advertising by using the links below.
We may also share your personal information with other third parties, such as law enforcement, government entities, courts, to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a lawful request for information, or to otherwise protect our rights.
We do not knowingly request or collect personal information from any person under the age of 13. If you believe that your child under the age of 13 has submitted personal information to us in connection with our Site, and without prior verifiable parental consent, please contact us at privacy@XSET.com so that we can delete the personal information they may have provided. Additionally, if a user is in the European Economic Area (EEA), they must be over the age required by the laws of their country to create an account.
BROWSER DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
At this time, we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices, if and when your browser transmits a Do Not Track signal.
If you are a California resident, the California Consumer Privacy Act provides you with certain rights concerning your personal information. You have the right to request to know about our collection and use of your personal information; you have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information we have collected; you have the right to request to opt-out of the sale of your personal information. If you wish to do any of these, please contact us at privacy@XSET.com. Certain services may be limited or unavailable, depending on your data choices.
We will not discriminate against any customer for exercising their rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
EUROPEAN RESIDENTS AND RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED KINGDOM
If you are a resident of the EEA or the United Kingdom, you have some or all of the following rights with respect to the personal information we collect from and about you when you visit, or make a purchase from, XSET.com. These are the right to request access to and the right to request to correct, update or erase (delete) the personal information we hold about you; in some instances, the right to request the restriction of processing of such information and the right to object to the processing of such personal information. In addition, in some instances, you have the right to request that we transfer, in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format, and transmit to another controller, or to you personally, such personal information. You have the right to withdraw, at any time, any consent you may have provided, to the processing of your personal information. To exercise these rights, please contact us at privacy@XSET.com.
Please note that we process your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you, for example if you purchase something on the Site, or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests, which are listed above under “How Do We Use Your Information?”.
We may store your personal information for as long as it is reasonably necessary to perform the purposes for its collection (listed above under “How Do We Use Your Information?”).
For example, if you create an online account with us, we will store any personal information associated with your account for as long as you remain a customer or we believe we may be in a position to provide offers or services to you. If you make a purchase, we will store any personal information associated with that purchase as long as required to fulfill the order, process any returns, provide customer service and support an enhanced shopping experience, remember your preferences for future interactions, or be able to provide you with offers or services.
Information used to send you our opt-in marketing communications will be retained until you unsubscribe or ask to be unsubscribed, which you can do at any time.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
We are committed to protecting the confidentiality and security of the personal information you share with us when you use our Site, and maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect it. To help protect your information, we use Secure Sockets Layer technology (SSL). SSL encrypts your information before it is sent to us, so only we can decode it. Please consider taking these additional steps to help protect your information online:
- Install the latest security updates and anti-virus software on your computer.
- Confirm that your connection is secure prior to submitting any private information (especially if you are using public Wi-Fi).
- You will know that your information is being encrypted if the URL begins with https:// (rather than http://) and you see a closed lock in your browser window.
- Use a complex password, do not use the same password across websites and don’t share your password.
- Password-protect your computer and mobile device.
- Review your online accounts periodically for any unrecognized activity or information.
If you do not feel comfortable shopping online, please contact us at support@XSET.com and one of our customer service associates will call you and help you order over the phone.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
XSET Privacy, 400 Stuart Street, Boston, MA 02116.